"In this classroom, relationships are fostered, families are respected, and children are honored.
In this classroom, nature's gifts are valued and children's thoughts are captured.
In this classroom, learning is alive and aesthetic beauty is appreciated." -Unknown

Saturday, February 11, 2012

And it begins...

OK. Here we go. After lots of encouragement from friends who have viewed my photos on Facebook and my desire to try something new, this marks the beginning.


My goal is to share a little of my passion of being there "for the children", of creating inspiring environments "for the children", and going through each day with the children in mind.


I found this quote awhile back and honestly wish I knew who said it so I could give them credit, but it blew me away and I felt like it was something that summarizes my passion: 


"In this classroom, relationships are fostered, families are respected, and children are honored. In this classroom, nature's gifts are valued and children's thoughts are captured. In this classroom, learning is alive and aesthetic beauty is appreciated."


I plan to post images of the fun and amazing activities we plan and those wonderful ones that "just happen". Thank you for sharing this journey with me!!



We've been very busy this week doing all kinds of things. We've been doing lots of heart art, writing friendship notes, and more. That's amore!! The pic above involved 5 different colors of paint, heart cookie cutters, and two tp rolls creased into heart shapes and held that way with tape. Must give credit to Pinterest for the tp roll idea. You can only use the roll for one day since it's cardboard and gets kind of mushy after being dipped in the wet paint after awhile. But, oh what fun my little friends had!!





I found paper doilies at the dollar store and my friends expressed themselves with liquid watercolors from Discount School Supply. Love how they turned out!




We put out some common words: Mom, Dad, Love, Your Friend, To:, and From: and had strips with the names of all the children in the class available to them. Lots of creativity took place with cutting, gluing, writing, and coloring. What fun!!



15 comments:

  1. I really appreciate your passionate heart and desire to educate our children and making it fun. Blessings to you friend!Great first blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah Barbara, You are on your way. Great start to what I know is going to be an inspirational, interesting, and idea-provoking blog. I look forward to future posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging - I hope you have as much fun with it as I do :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jenny. I love following all that you do, as well.

      Delete
  5. I love it, and so look forward to following!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shawna!! Those little ones inspire me, what can I say? I'm sure you recognize some of the clothing in the pics. I won't show any faces though. Thanks for your support!! Be sure to sign up to follow on the right hand side of the page.

      Delete
  6. Great ideas Miss Barbara! I love you new Blog and look forward to following you! You are such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shannon. You know how us early childhood teachers are bouncing ideas off each other and always on the lookout for new ideas. You inspire me, friend!!

      Delete
  7. Another way to do fabulous mentoring of others - congratulations on a terrific idea!

    Lorraine Haas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lorraine. You always inspire me to greatness and push me to try new things.

      Delete
  8. Great start to your blog! Welcome to the blogging world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Melissa. I'm still new to all of this, but having a blast. I just got a Facebook page set up by the blog name For the Children. Thanks for the support!!

      Delete